Practical Real Estate Texas is a forum for discussion on the practical aspects of real estate law in Texas and how it impacts those involved in the industry. While the focus is on true real estate issues, it also covers how relating general business issues effect those businesses in the real estate industry. Visit often to get the information you need to better work within the real estate industry and serve your clients.
Cassie McGarvey is a Partner at Sanders McGarvey LLP. She has experience litigating business disputes, with a focus on real estate and general business matters. She serves as general counsel for her clients to help them grow their businesses and, when possible, avoid litigation.
Cassie represents companies and individuals in a wide variety of commercial disputes. Her current practice is focused on real estate, including title curative work, commercial property, landlord-tenant disputes, development issues, and purchase and sale agreements, and breach of contract and business tort actions. Additionally, Cassie assists business in creating, implementing, and enforcing technology policies to protect confidential information and establish standards for use and access of company data.
Cassie is also interested in the intersection of technology and the law. She speaks to various organizations regarding the ethics of technology and preserving confidential information in the digital age.
Outside of the office, Cassie serves as a co-chair of the Houston Bar Association’s Law Week Fun Run Committee, which produces the John J. Eikenberg Law Week Fun Run in March each year. She also serves on the Steering Committee for Houston Museum of Natural Science Catalysts. Cassie is a member of Leadership Houston Class XXXIV. Cassie also founded the McGarvey Launch Group in September 2016. McGarvey Launch Group is a business-to-business networking group for professional women.
In her spare time, she enjoys running, biking, and swimming. She has run more than ten marathons, two Iron Man triathlons, and numerous half-marathons, half- Iron Man triathlons, and sprint distance triathlons.
Cassie’s presentations include the following:
- Friendswood Chamber of Commerce (March 2017): BYOD Advice for Business Owners
- Houston Attorneys in Tax and Probate (March 2017): Real Estate Basics for Probate Attorneys
- HBA Real Estate Section (December 2016): Life in the Clouds: Protecting Confidentiality in the Virtual World
- Texas Bar CLE Webinar (December 2016): BYOD: Ethical and Strategic Considerations
- Women’s Energy Network (June 2016): Put Down the Smartphone: Live and Work with Focus and Intention
- Houston Bar Association (May 2016): BYOD: Advice for Employers and Employees
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen (Spring 2016): BYOD: Advice for Employers and Employees
- The Driven Speaker Series (January 2016): Life in the Clouds: Protecting Confidentiality in the Virtual World
- HBA Oil & Gas Section (November 2015): Head in the Clouds: Preserving Attorney-Client Privilege in the